Time Travel?
Nobody seems to think that time traveling is possible when I asked the question in church this morning. There are theories, even from Einstein. Have you ever wondered about time line? Have you even wondered about the universe? Life is so, so, so (Ps. Anne's que) much bigger than us yet we confine ourselves only to our own small little space, especially when we focus only on our own needs. Hey there's a bigger world beyond you so get out there and explore the wonders of God's creation. You'll be amazed at the possibilities ... the wonders of God's creation. God made everything beautiful.
Assuming time is constant ... in a straight line. It starts from infinity and it ends at infinity. At one point in time was the year 1957. Today it is 2008. Ahead of you is 2009 and at some point in time is 2020. Time doesn't move. We move ... from one point in the time line to the next point. But we are always moving ahead, not backwards. You cannot go back to 2000 but you can advance to 2020. For many it ends today. But the time line is still there. Tomorrow is Monday. You and I will be there tomorrow (if you are reading this now). We will pass through the marker 2009 A.D. in another 136 days. We are not there yet but time already is. Question ... is it possible to skip today and move on to say 5 days ahead from now? Hmmm ....
In the Bible, there are 2 person who SEEMINGLY had the experience of "time travel". John, the apostle of Jesus, while exiled at the Island of Patmos, wrote the book of Revelation based on what he saw in the future (Rev. 1:9-10). The events he described is yet to come to pass because it was way ahead of him in time. Whether he was literally in the future or saw into the future that I do not know. Point is ... it's the future. The apostle Paul knew of a man who had a similar experience (2 Cor. 12:1-4). Whether he was in the body or out of the body Paul couldn't say but one thing for sure, he left earth ... jumped out of the time line and saw things that he could not even begin to describe (because of a combination of location and time. How do you describe something of the future that the present could not even begin to comprehend? Try describing Television to people some 2000 years ago!).
There is this other guy, prophet Ezekiel. He too saw into the future (Read Ezekiel 1). Was he taken there literally? That I do not know. He saw the cars that we drive today. He saw vehicles that I can only say describe futuristic transportation. Anyway the point is... it was the future he was describing ... not a prediction, or fiction, but factually describing what he saw in the future. While the future is not yet here, eventually it will. And it can be subject to change! Wow! How? By what we do or do not do today! By how we walk with God.
In the Bible there's no mentioning of going back into the past. What's past is past. Yesterday was Saturday and that don't change. What happened yesterday has happened and is not subject to change. IF time travel is possible in the Biblical sense, God does not permit going back in time. Otherwise we can change the present and the future! So I want to focus here on the future ... on things and events in our lives that could be. I am not talking about fate here. There is no such thing as life being fated. What happens to us now and tomorrow depends on what we do today. So in the time line, our future is and can be subject to change. That's the good news.
Many people think their life is fated. "Oh this is my portion in life. I can never advance any further". That's a lie from the pits of hell! We may not be able to see exactly what our future may be but we can most certainly do something about it in the present. If I change my attitude, if I don't just give up now, if I fight the good fight, work a little harder, I can effect a brighter future! It's subject to change and the thing to change is me! That's why God is always encouraging is to press on a little harder, to not give in and give up. God always challenge us to believe, to dream, to hope and to have faith. In fact He said "All things are possible to them that believe". Dare you believe? Dare you dream? Your future is not fated. It's subject to change. It's up to you and God.
When Jackie and I went to Japan back in May, I was feeling rather uneasy visiting. Don't know the language. Don't know how to get around. We were on our own ... free and easy, no tour guide. But I have friend there. He's been there for a good number of years. He knows about Japan. He knows how to get around. I asked that he meet us at the airport and that took off a lot of stress from me. I didn't have to worry. I have a guide in a place I am not too familiar with.
In the same way, I am not worried about my future. I am not there yet but I have a Guide who is there, who knows about it. And you know what God said? I mean about my future? He said I have a "good future!" (Jer. 29:11). See, God made everything ... including the time line. He can move into the past, into the future and He is always with us here and now in the present. He is not restricted like you and I. He can move way ahead of us forward in time. He's done it in Biblical times. Moses for example, was about to architect the Tabernacle in detail even though he was not an architect. He was able to engineered it into existence in detail even though he was not an engineer. How did he know so much? Well ... he saw the hologram! Yup ... check your Bible. And I am not surprised that he was there in the future, walking the length and breadth of it when God SHOWED him the Tabernacle he wanted him to build.
Alright ... before I get your mind all twisted up, suffice for me to say here this week ... your best days are always in front of you not behind you because you have a Guide in your future! God is good! His plans for you are plans for good and not for evil that you may have a tangible hope and a good future! Okay. Got to watch badminton now. Cheerio!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home