Things Worth Doing
Every morning I wake up ... my first thoughts, my first words, I dedicate it to God! Before my eyes can open, I think about the awesomeness of God. And when I open my mouth I'd say, "Glory to God" and then I'd praise Him. See, everyday is a gift from God and if I start the day off right, acknowledging God, my day usually always ends right too. That's how you too ought to prepare yourself for each day knowing that everyday that you are alive is a day that the Lord has made!
Making decisions is part of everyday living. Some decisions are routine ... what shall I wear, what shall I have for lunch. But then again some days we have to make serious or difficult choices. Whatever decision(s) we make, two thing's for sure. 1. We have to bear the consequence, be it good or bad. 2. We have need to invest our energies, our time and resource into it. So when it come to making decisions ... don't play play. Let me enlighten you today as to things you'll need to consider in the process of making decisions. It'll help you to think on these things.
1. WOW!
Wow! Cool! Awesome! Fantastic! This is a sure indication of something worthy of your attention! Let's pretend I want to give you a gift. You have to choose one out of three. First choice a brand new Proton Savy. Second choice a brand new Honda Civic. Oh by the way, it comes with free petrol for the life of the car! And third choice a brand new Ferrari Sports, exotic with a 21st century design. Which one will cause your jaws to drop? That's what I am talking about! If it is awesome, it's probably worth doing. If it is cool, think on it. If it is wow ... go for it man! You may not always get what you want but if you are going to invest your resource trying, at least make sure it's awesome man!
2. HOW!
Now that you KNOW what you are after, the next practical thing to do is to figure out the HOW. "How can I accomplish my dream? How can I get investors? How shall I begin? Who can help me with the script?" Once you've figured out the HOWs, the next thing to consider is ...
3. NOW!
Lots of people have a general idea what they want in life. They may even know how to go about it. But what is lacking is the NOW. The reason being ... "Oh I don't have what it takes. I don't have the money. I am not talented. I am not smart like my sister. If only I get the promotion". No, if you want to live your dreams, you have got to do something now. You have got to decide to go for it. Otherwise, it's just wishful thinking, building castles in the air. Say you decide you are not going to settle for mediocre. Say you decide that you want to live your dreams, be your best, to really shine for God's glory. If that's what you have decided, then put your heart into it but watch out for the ...
4. OW!
Somebody once said, "No pain no gain". There's this expression "There is no such thing as a free lunch". Yup ... things may not always work out to plans and may cause you some headache, maybe even heartache. Ouch! Owie! But that's not reason to give up. I see so many of you wearing braces today. Man ... the pain and discomfort you have to endure, and the countless trips you have to make to your dental surgeon! Ouch! That's got to hurt! But you endured it. Why? Because you saw the WOW! You knew HOW and you took the challenge of the NOW. And now you are experiencing the OW! But you are not giving up because somewhere deep in your common sense, you gave it your best ....
5. POW!
You gave it a good fight! "POW! Take this you fool. You are never going to get me". The apostle Paul said to "fight the good fight". There will be obstacles. At times you may feel like giving up. The devil will lie to you telling you it is futile, But God said, "You can do all things in Christ who strengthens you". God said, "I am with you always and I choose to bless you". So ... fight hard to accomplish your dreams. There will be no victories without battles. There's be no success stories to tell without challenges in life. As long as you don't give up, and you POW every enemy that comes along, you will live the good days that is ahead of you! Remember, you are a VICTOR ... not a victim. And if God be for you who can be against you! POW your way through!
God does not practice favoritism. He doesn't love someone else more than you. In His Word He's declared His intentions for your life. He wants you to live out the dreams He's put into your heart. He's meant for you to be the victor, not the victim. If you read His Word, you'll know that you have a bright future. Yea you may have some bad experiences in life in the past, but your past does not disqualify you from a bright future that God has in store for you. But God is not just going to drop His blessings into your laps. Sometimes He surprises you and me. But otherwise you can be rest assures that He wants you to have and to live out His best in your life. But you have to do your part. He promised He will walk with us. If you dare to live your dreams, He dares to walk you through. Just remember this .... WOW ... HOW ... NOW ... OW ... POW.
Have a great week! God bless

1 Comments:
Already starting the week off GREATLY after reading this post! AMEN ! GOD BLESS YOU PASTOR! =)
Lily
Post a Comment
<< Home