Saturday, January 31, 2009

Did God Make Me?

Have you ever had the occasion of chatting with a "special" child? I mean one who's born not normal ... who couldn't breathe right, walk right and couldn't engage in normality like other children because they were born abnormal? What if you do and one day that little "special" child pops a question at you, "Why did God made me blind? ... or "why did God take away my legs at birth"? See, the world calls them "special" and I wonder, are we right in doing so or are they truly ... special?

All throughout my growing years as a Christian, I was taught "God made you. You are not an accident". So I taught others too that God made me, and you, and you and you and everyone on earth! Then pop that little question, "Why did God make me with a hole in my heart?". Let me take you a little further down this line of thought.

I know of a child who was born in the most unexpected circumstance. Her mom was raped while serving God in a foreign land and as a result she gave birth to this beautiful child. I call this child beautiful because although he was not a "planned" child, he was raise by that single Christian mom who so happen to love God with all of her heart. Thus that little boy had all the loving care of not just a beautiful mom but of God. I don't know if you would tell this little boy that "God loves you and HE MADE YOU" but honestly, do you think God made him? Would you be right in telling him that God made him? In these circumstance? Think carefully before you answer!

Well, let me tell you what I'll say based on my belief. If asked by a "special" child "Did God make me?", I'd honestly tell that child, "No. God did not make you just like He did not make me. But you know what? The moment you and I were made by our father and mother, in our mother's womb, God saw us. At that very instant when we were birthed, He knew us and He determined in His heart that He would love us for always and He can and will make something wonderful out of our lives". And I'll begin to tell that child how great and marvelous God is. I'll tell that child about Moses and how God parted the Red sea for the children of Israel to cross over. I'll tell the story of David and Goliath and how Jesus was born in a manger. I'll tell of all the wonderful things that Jesus did and how he loves the little children and how I have become a child of God. I'll inspire that child until he/she says, "I want Jesus in my life too".

TRUTH .... God did not make us. The only human beings God ever made was Adam and Eve and no one else. God gave them the ability to create another human being. You and I both know that when the seed of a man fertilizes the egg in a woman, a new life is being formed. The ability to create another human being is of course engineered by God. So to Adam and Eve, God said, "Go and replenish the earth". He didn't say He will make more Adams and Eves. He said to them in essence, "I've done my part. Now you do yours. Go make babies and populate the earth". To encourage it, God engineered the process and sex is truly a gift from God. Grin.

Now, knowing that God did not directly make us doesn't in any way makes us any less important. We are indeed the apple of God's eye, God's most prized possession. But we have to get our thinking right. If God is the One who makes all human beings, then don't you think we will all be born perfect like Adam and Eve? I mean God is not flawed so how can we be born blind and deformed if indeed we come from Him? We call these children "special" because of our own inabilities in understanding life's anomalies. What's so special about having a hole in the heart? What's so special being born with HIV? What's so special about being born with legs that don't work or being born only to die a painful death in the following month?

I love God ... with all of my heart and soul. I know God. He is absolute good and perfect. There is no imperfection in Him nor His handiwork. His love endures forever and He is the most compassionate Being in the entire universe! He don't decide who will be born or how or under what circumstance. He gave us the tools and the gifts but looking at the history of mankind, we abuse every gifts and every good thing that God has ever given us. We abuse the physical body. We abuse our own environment. We abuse the freedom God gave us. Look at our past history! Look at what we have done to ourselves! So our environment deteriorate and children are born with sickness and deformities and guess what? We conveniently excuse ourselves by calling them "special child". What's so special about being born blind?

So let me ask you. Did God made you? No. He didn't. Your parents did. They planned and you came. And the beautiful thing is ... not one person that is conceived in the womb of a woman ever escapes God! He sees you at the very first moments of conception before anyone else can even notice you. And in His eyes, you were so beautiful. He knows which child is born right and which is not, and His precious heart fell in love with every single child that's conceived. For those whose bodies are made not right, it grieves Him but He smiled 'cos He's got a new body prepared for them when eventually they come home to His bosom. In the meantime, He promised to walk with each and every person on the face of this earth ... IF WE ALLOW HIM, and He promises an abundant life if we would trust in His Word. Yes, you can live a fulfilled life here now on earth 'cos God cares about you.

"Pastor, why did God made me blind?"
"No child. God did not make you blind. There were some problems at birth but in God's eyes, you are still His most prized possession".
"How will it be like then growing up not seeing?"
"We don't always see through the eyes. Most things in life are seen through the eyes in our hearts. And when you walk with God and see through the eyes of God, you'll see the most beautiful things about life that people with eyes do not even see".
"Will God still love me?"
"Always ... and always is a long, long, long time".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Load Counter