Doing The Impossible?
Bible is filled with stories where ordinary people performed extraordinary feats because of faith in the supernatural God. David and Goliath ... Samson and the Philistines ... Elijah and the prophet of Baals ... Gideon and his 300 men, just to mention a few. Inspiring and true stories and when preachers parcel it at face value and deliver it from behind pulpits, the message rings loud and clear without qualifications ... "You can do all things if only you can believe ... Do the impossible!" The question is ... can I?
Can I do the impossible? If I can't sing and before the whole world I'm being asked, "Are you the next American Idol?" and I reply "Yessire ... I am the next American Idol because I believe it with all of my heart, and against all odds, I can do the impossible." Will that make a difference seeing that I am tone deaf and have severe pitching problems? Hmmm ... but I believed and I believe I can do all things through Christ! Hmmm ...
You and I need to UNDERSTAND that we are representatives of God on earth. What we do or don't do; what we say, how we live our lives ... all these ... we give impressions to people around us as to who our God is. Can we afford to live our lives carelessly? Can we afford to live our lives like ... "Hey, I am only human. I make mistakes. That's part of being human. Live with it, man." No, I don't think so. I believe we are all personally responsible for our successes as well as for our failures. Mistakes are often made because we made them. It doesn't just happen. Could be due to our laxed attitude, or lack of information, or laziness, or blind risks, but in the end we are responsible for our personal mistakes. Yeah, we may be human but we are also a supernaturally born again child of God. I may be a Malaysian but in essence I am a citizen of heaven. So let's not hide behind this "human shield" and take no responsibilities for our failed actions. If we made a mistake, let's confess it before our Father in heaven who alone can forgive us. If we truly and seriously can't sing, let's not brag "Yea ... I AM the next Idol."
Coming back to the subject matter. I believe the Bible. I believe it's God's Word. If God says so, then it is so. But we need to take the Bible in its context! When Jesus said, "All things are possible to them that believe ..." He meant what He said. BUT ... BUT ... DID HE TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE THE NEXT IDOL? Did He tell you to come out of the boat and walk on the water? See ... the thing here is this ... DID HE TELL YOU? Most of us assume He did because we want to believe it badly. Also, we believe it because preachers has been telling us we can do the impossible. And that's my point. Preachers, not God.
Like you, I too have dreams and desires, to be successful, to do the impossible. Long story short ... do the impossible? I'd rather do His will. If He says to get out of the boat and walk on the water, I know I can and I will ... because it is His will and all things then will be possible to them that believe! It all comes down to this; ... Greater Him ... Lesser us. If we focus more on God than on ourselves, then we can see and know His will. Then we can apply faith and do the impossible!
Maranatha!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home