Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Final Thoughts ...

No I am not going to die! But this will be my last article and then it's "sayonara" to my blog. I wrote more than 60 articles and each and every one of them was carefully thought through. It was fun.

I have been feeling rather heavy hearted of late. I am rather concern at the changes about us today, and I am not thinking politics. I am thinking about the social changes. I am especially concern about the youth and about family. See, families raise kids for the next generation. The next generation will then determine what kind of world we will be living in. Will our world be better in the future? If you believe the Bible, then you know the answer is ... NO. This is not a matter of my opinion. It's prophecy. And one of the hard core reasons why this is so is due to the failure of the family unit. Bible says ... (Mat 10:21) "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death." When families break up, society breaks up, and there is this domino effect that eventually comes back to us on a personal level. In others words, we reap what we sow.

One of the major signs of the end times is this ... knowledge shall increase rapidly. To illustrate, take me for an example. I grew up in a time where there was no such thing as television. We had operas and live shows as entertainment. Then came cinemas, black and white television. I was so thrilled when finally I could watch movies in color on our tv sets! And oh ... those record players! Long story short, today we have satellites, internet, hybrid cars, and soon we will be able to explore space as tourists! I have experienced a quantum leap as far as increase of knowledge is concerned. It has changed my entire world of simplicity to complexities. I enjoy the technological changes and am looking forward to what's ahead in this technological world. But on the other side of the coin, in our social world, I see a dark cloud arising. Adults are under tremendous stress to keep up with these changes. The family unit is breaking down. Youths are plagued by disease of arrogance (pardon me) and people are more incline to godlessness. Keeping values is no longer a fad. It's "do whatever feels good and to hell with everyone else."

That's how the young generation felt too back in the 60's and they came up with this Hippie Movement! It's bizarre but at that time, with the Vietnam war and threat of communism, it felt right. Looking back, it was a destructive time. So much rebellion both internally and on a national level! The devil was throwing a party and everyone got suckered in!

Friends, even though you may feel invincible today; even though you may think you are smarter than previous generations because of technological marvels, the fact is, the same old devil is still on the prowl. His target has always been you, a child of God. His focus is always on the family unit. His purpose ... destruction. His sworn enemy ... God. If you think you are smarter than the devil, then he's got you right where he wants you. In closing, my advice to you parents ... love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul. You cannot raise godly kids and expect them to live right when you don't "follow the rules". Youth ... arrogance is a disease. Bible tells us to not think of ourselves more highly than we ought to. If you can be humble, then you are teachable and you will be able to embrace your parents love and they will be your heroes. There is a reason why God commands you to listen and obey your parents. They are family, the closest persons you'll ever have. The devil knows it.

In this world, the only sane thing is God. Take God out of the equation and you are basically killing life. Joshua's final exhortation to Israel ... "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord our God." I hope you too will be able to make the same commitment. Let me remind you once again. SIN is like the "mother". The devil of course is like the "father". The offspring therefore is DEATH and DESTRUCTION. Don't neglect the rules of God. Don't offend God. Don't toy with sin. The devil is always around like in the Garden of Eden telling you "It's ok. If feels good. You can be like God." And we think we are smarter than God 'cos what happened to Adam and Eve, it will never happen to me ... 'cos I am not that dumb!

Live a blessed life. Remember, life is not about you. Our theme is "Greater Him ... Lesser us."

Cheerio!!! God bless.

God bless.

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Yee Tham Wan said...

Your blog is really good. I hope you will continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Load Counter