Monday, January 11, 2010

Love Powered!

I have a thought. While Bible taught us not to judge one another but to love one another, to bear with, to forgive, to be hospitable, to uplift, to correct, to encourage, to help one another, etc , etc, yet there are times when we need to speak what’s in our minds in order to do all of that. So, how we do it without feeling like we are being judgmental?

Way I see it, we need to be powered by love.

See, we all make mistakes. We blundered at times. The mistakes I make today, well, someday you will make them. Or the mistakes you made today, I most probably have made them and I’d probably still would in the future. That’s why we have no basis to judge one another, or to be angry with one another, or be unforgiving towards one another. And hey, I am talking about mistakes, honest mistakes, not about committing crime or acts of cruelty, or sowing seeds of discords.

Back on tract. So if I have to correct someone, or have to express my opinion or speak my mind, I have to ensure that my motive is right, that it is not because I think I am better, or I am right, or to spite someone. The content of my heart is the intent of my heart so check the heart. THEN, and very importantly, I have need to speak out of love. I once told my daughter, “If you would speak in love, then you are empowered to say what’s on your mind.” The right to speak must be graced with love.

Let’s all learn the art of being graceful. It is so easy to be angry, to use harsh words, to criticize without a thought just because we don’t care. Well, what we do to others, we empower others to do to us. Not forgetting reaping what we sow.
Church is not about a service or a building. You are a living stone that forms the church that Jesus came to build 2000 years ago. Church is you. It’s me. It’s how we relate to one another, how we live with one another in this spiritual family. If we would respect one another, love and care for one another, bear with and help one another, think of the other more than of ourselves, then we are empowered to live that life of victory that God has in store for us.

Remember, if you would speak in love, then you are empowered to say anything that’s on your mind.

Be powered by love. It’s environmental friendly!

Maranatha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Load Counter